Monday, July 5, 2010

Whale Watching

Today we went whale watching.  It was so much fun.  A great day here for it too.  This was my first time ever going whale watching.  It took a while until we spotted a whale but it was awesome when we did.  The kind of whale we saw was a humpback.  The naturalist tour guide had seen him before and was calling him Churn, because of a mark on his tail.  We followed him for a while, and came across another humpback whale.  It was so much fun.  If you are ever in Bar Harbor you must go whale watching!

Here is a short video of the whale we saw:

2 comments:

  1. This video is incredible!! Wow! The last time I went whale watching, we saw a few whales but it was raining and FREEZING the entire time. It looks like your experience was much better :)

    Keep having fun!
    Dede

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack,

    Thanks for putting up the whale video. Almost felt like I was there except I'm stuck in hot, humid Maryland where I'm sweating all the time. Enjoy the rest of your trip! Maybe you can post a photo from the top of Cadillac Mountain if you go there this time. Then I can imagine that I'm cool and enjoying an amazing view.

    Love, Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete